At Charnwood Fencing we place an extremely high value on training, this is why we put put all of our staff through multiple industry specific training schemes. Outside of your typical legally required training (manual handling, abrasive wheel training etc.) we’re one of few companies who take the extra step when it comes to training.
All of our training is in keeping with the Build UK training standards and the following is what each of our staff are trained on:
Lead Fence Installers / Supervisors
- Site Safety Plus Site Supervisors Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- Prefabricated Access Suppliers & Manufacturers Association (PASMA)
- International Powered Access Federation (IPAF)
- Site Safety Plus Health and Safety Awareness Course
Directors & Managers
- IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors
Contract Managers / Supervisors
- Site Safety Plus Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
In-house Safety Manager
- NCRQ Level 6 Diploma in Applied Health and Safety
On top of all of the above we also carry out in-house training on cable location equipment and underground services.
We actively ‘up-skill’ our workforce with opportunities to progress to Supervisor level – this is facilitated by in-house mentoring schemes, apprenticeships, and Fencing Diplomas, in conjunction with our training provider.
We also work closely with our main contractors/clients using their online platforms and embracing their initiatives, such as Field View software on site.